Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Online!

Discuss non-THPS games run on the server

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Online!

Postby FreddY » September 17th, 2012, 2:06 pm

After quite a bit of tweaking by myself, GameSpy ID account creation is now back online for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for PS2!

How is this possible?

As many of us know, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for PS2 remains online, maintained by GameSpy. A few years ago, it seems that EA removed any BF2:MC related content from their servers. This included a Terms of Service agreement that is required for creating a new GameSpy ID, as the file must be downloaded and viewed in-game before creating an account. What I have done is reproduced these files so that players are seamlessly able to create a new GameSpy ID for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat online!

Here are some images of me going through the account creation process:
('GAMESPY ID MANAGEMENT' --> 'CREATE NEW ID')

(Example account, showing that the account creation process works)

In order to be able to create a new GameSpy ID account for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, just set your Primary DNS Server in your PS2 Network Configuration to EITHER one of these:

(24/7 DNS server hosted by Bobz of BobzEnt.info; As a bonus, this DNS configuration will also allow you to play any of the Tony Hawk PS2 games, Tribes: Aerial Assault, All-Star Baseball 2005, Blitz: The League, NBA Ballers, NBA Ballers: Phenom, MLB SlugFest: Loaded, Mortal Kombat: Deception, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Deer Hunter and Risk: Global Domination online as they, too, are hosted by Bobz)

(BobzEnt.info Server 2; Backup DNS Server hosted by Bobz)

(Alternative, hosted by FreddY)

NOTE: Using this DNS configuration is NOT required for online play. You will only need to connect to this server if you would like to create a new GameSpy ID account. After you create and save your account information, you may connect online normally and play with your new account(s)!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

If you have this game and would like to schedule a time to play, reply to this thread or schedule a game day over at PS2OnlineGaming.com.

Be sure to spread the word.

See you on the Battlefield!

Special thanks to FreddY for re-enabling GameSpy ID account creation for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.
FreddY
Researcher / Tester
Researcher / Tester

Re: Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Onlin

Postby FreddY » September 17th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat brings the intensity of Battlefield 1942 into the modern era with the latest vehicles and weapons systems available. In this first-person shooter, you'll choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with advanced weaponry, you can take control of any of the game's vehicles to engage in major conflicts with up to 24 players online. Battlefield: Modern Combat features expansive environments--from city streets to remote jungles--all around the world.

For those that don't own it, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is $9.99 used at GameStop.

FreddY
Researcher / Tester
Researcher / Tester

Postby FreddY » September 17th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (PS2) GameSpy ID Account Creation now supported for PAL regions!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

FreddY
Researcher / Tester
Researcher / Tester

Postby cunape84 » November 22nd, 2012, 6:01 pm

hi can u tellme how to create an account for this game im trying with the three differents DNA wiht the first and second dna let me get the Terms of service but im not able to crate and account a windows says: "the email its allready in use" but i have tryed with 5 different emails acc., and with the 3rd dna didnt let me get the temrs of service and show a windows that say "Could not download the privacy policy of GameSpy / IGN Entertainment and user agreement. Please try again later."
cunape84
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Postby cunape84 » November 23rd, 2012, 8:01 am

ok i finnaly do it... using DNS 1: 199.195.251.151 ...i think i cant do yesterday for some lag or somthing wrong with the server

P.S. im not a native english speaker so, sorry for my bad english. im spaniard and my id on the game is cunape84 :)
cunape84
Newly Registered Member
Newly Registered Member

Postby Bobz1993 » December 13th, 2012, 5:29 am

Sorry for the delay. Do not use 199.195.251.151 for Battlefield as it is for other games. Use 72.229.137.212 as your primary DNS.
Bobz1993
Bobz Entertainment Admin
Bobz Entertainment Admin

Highscores: 5

Return to PS2 Servers